Happy Birthday to me!!!! Well not to me, but to Danielle McElhaugh Photography. I’m very excited that my blog and business is now 5 years old! And you might have noticed that things look MUCH different around here. First of all, my old website is gone! It was completely outdated. In its place is a new blogsite. It’s a blog and website in one. You can find my portfolio, featured sessions and blog posts all right here at www.dmphotos.net. Not only is that site gone, but so is my old logo and branding. My logo was something I personally designed over 5 years ago (and I am NOT a graphic designer). It was bright, colorful, loud and modern…all things that do not describe my photography. My photography is more quiet and intimate, classic and refined, peaceful and full of love. My new look is a much better reflection of my work.
To celebrate the 5th Birthday of Danielle McElhaugh Photography, I will be having a week long party with give-aways, contests and lots of fun! I’ll be introducing new product, sharing favorite images and telling you more about me and my photography.
Today, to kick-off the 5 Year Celebration, I’m going to share 5 fun facts about me and Danielle McElhaugh Photography…
1. I am currently using two computers…a new Mac and an older PC. I’m finding it hard to switch completely to the Mac. Somedays, I will be sitting on the couch with one computer on my lap and the other one open next to me.
2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE backlighting. Its something I try to include in all of my sessions. Its one of the reasons I tend to suggest early evening and when the sun is setting for your portrait session. For me, there is just something magical about it.
3. I’m emotional and wear my heart on my sleeve. I cry during hallmark commercials and tear up so easily (like taking my kids to the Fresh Beat Band concert…it warmed my heart to see my girls smiling, creating memories and having so much fun). I strive to create images that are full of love and are emotive. I want you to look at your portraits years from now and remember holding your brand new baby, or the way your little toddler gives hugs. I want you to be brought back to that time and smile and be filled with emotions.
4. My favorite color is brown. It was a part of my fall wedding. Its a color I’ve incorporating into my new branding. I’m very excited to start showing all the other parts of my branding, like the printed material and packaging, in the next few weeks.
5. I have grown to love coffee, preferable iced. I drink it almost everyday. It needs to be sweet with lots of cream. And a flavor…usually french vanilla.
So, today’s give a way is two gift cards…one from Dunkin Donuts, one from Starbucks. For a chance to win, leave a comment here. Tell what place is your favorite for coffee. Tell me what you think of the new branding. Just say “hi”. Want another chance to win? “Like” me on Facebook and leave a comment there. Two winners will be chosen from all the enteries at random and announced on Friday.